Quickly Get an NHD Report
As a listing agent you now have the ability to order a NHD report directly from your Disclsoures.io account. We’ve partnered with Disclosure Source to bring you the ability to effortlessly order a NHD report and have it delivered directly to your disclosure package within minutes!
How to Order a NHD Report
Step 1- Add Documents + Order NHD Report
Your NHD report is generated based off the property address you entered into Disclosures.io. To get started, click the Add Documents option above the coversheet in your property package. Next, select Order NHD Report from the dropdown menu.
Step 2- Sellers Name + Your Info
Enter the name of the seller on record, Disclosure Source will use this information to verify the property information. Enter your contact information, this will be included on the invoice that is sent along with the NHD Report. To place the order hit the order report button at the bottom of the window.
Once you confirm the order the NHD report will be delivered within 15 minutes unless otherwise informed.
To see if a report has been ordered for your property, you can click the order NHD report button found above the coversheet. If a report has been ordered a green "Report Ordered!" notification will appear.
Receiving Your NHD Report
You’ll be notified that your report has been added to your disclosure package via Email. The documents added to your package will be:
- The Invoice
- NHD Signature Page
- NHD Full Report
You can quickly view the NHD Report by clicking the view package button in the email notification.
Q: What is a Natural Hazard Disclosure report?
- A: The Natural Hazards Disclosure Act, under Sec. 1103 of the California Civil Code, states that real estate seller and brokers are legally required to disclose if the property being sold lies within one or more state or locally mapped hazard areas. The law specifies that the six (6) required hazards be disclosed on a statutory form called the Natural Hazard Disclosure Statement (NHDS).
Q: I tried to order Natural hazard report but am being told to update my profile and company address.
- A: If you are using Disclosure Source to order the NHD Report they do require that an address be listed for both the agent and the brokerage. The address is pulled from your main profile. You'll want to ensure that the format of the address has the house number and street name under Address Line 1" and the City, State, Zip under "Address Line 2".
Q: What do the reports include and cost?
- A: Disclosure Source provides Natural Hazard Disclosures, a Hazards Map, Tax Information and Environmental Disclosures ($99).
Q: How long does it take to get the report?
- A: Most reports will be delivered directly to the property package. Team Members will get an email or text notification when the document is added, reports are usually delivered within 15 minutes.
If you are ordering a report after 5:00PM PST, Monday-Thursday the report will be delivered the next business day.
If you are ordering a report after 5:00PM PST on a Friday, or over the weekend, the report will be delivered to the package the next business day.
Q: How do I pay for a NHD Report?
- A: The invoice will be delivered to your disclosure package and email. You’ll be able to pay through escrow by forwarding the invoice to your escrow company.
Q: Can I cancel an order or change an address on an NHD Report?
- A: Contact Disclosure Source by phone at 800-880-9123 or via email at email@example.com.
Q: What if Escrow is canceled?
- A: If escrow cancels you don't pay.
Q: Do NHD Reports expire? How Long are they valid for?
- A: Reports do not expire, however the data on the report might change if the report date isn’t current due to government maps changing from time to time. Please connect with your Office Manager for more information on your brokerage's specific requirements.
Q: Can I use the same NHD Report for a different transaction?
- A: No. Reports are valid only for the transaction for which they are issued. Please connect with your Office Manager for more information on your brokerage's specific requirements.